Last updated on May 22, 2020, 10.30 PM (Jakarta time GMT +7)
To get the latest information, please clear cache on your browser periodically
Thank you very much for your continued and loyal support of Garuda Indonesia. Garuda Indonesia has taken a number of anticipatory steps and issued related policies in response to the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in order to maintain a safe, secure environment for its customers, cabin crew and other employees.
Document Requirements for Passengers Flying to and from Indonesia PSBB Regions & Red Zone
Garuda Indonesia ensures that it will fully support government policies through Minister of Transportation Regulation No. 25 of 2020 concerning Transportation Control during the Eid Al-Fitr season in the framework of preventing the spread of COVID-19. In accordance with Gugus Tugas Percepatan Penanganan COVID-19 (Covid-19 Handling Acceleration Force) letter SE No. 4 of 2020, passengers flying to and from Indonesian PSBB regions & Red Zone are required to present below required documents prior to traveling:
- Travel Endorsement from a Company/Institution (Government/Private Sectors)
Every passenger must submit Travel Endorsement from the company/institution (Government/Private Sectors) as an endorser which states that the passenger’s purpose of travel is not for Eid-Al Fitr homecoming (mudik) purposes. Below are the categories of passengers who are allowed to travel & the required documents:
No Exceptions Category Required Documents 1 Passenger who works for Government Organization or Private Sectors who perform these services:
- COVID-19 Handling Acceleration Services
- National Defense, Security & Public Order Services
- Health Care Services
- Basic Needs Services
- Basic Needs Service Support
- Key Economic Function Services
Public Civil Servants, Indonesian Army, Indonesian Police Force
- Statement Letter to fulfill official duties/business trip that is authorized by the Official (min. Echelon 2)
- Report of travel itinerary (departure schedule, activity rundown on destination, return schedule)
2 Employee of:
- State-Owned Enterprises
- Regional Owned Enterprises
- Task Forces
- Non-Government Organization/Enterprises
- Statement Letter to fulfill official duties/business trip that is authorized by the Director or Chief of the office
- Report of travel itinerary (departure schedule, activity rundown on the destination, return schedule)
- For passenger who doesn’t represent Government Organization or Private Sectors must include Statement Letter with a duty stamp authorized by the local Headman/Head of Village (Lurah/Kepala Desa)
3 Patient who needs urgent health care or condolences visit to an imminent family member Patient who needs urgent health care Reference letter from a hospital for the patient who needs urgent health care on the destination 4 Condolences visit an imminent family member Family’s member death certificate 5 Special repatriation flight operations for the repatriation of Foreign Citizens, Indonesian Migrant Workers, Indonesian Citizens, Indonesian Students or special repatriation with government permits to a domestic destination
*Repatriation must be organized by a government institution, private sector, or university.
Repatriation of Indonesian Migrant Workers Reference Letter from Badan Perlindungan Pekerja Migran Indonesia (BPPMI)or Indonesian Government Representatives. 6 Repatriation of Indonesian citizens, special repatriation with government permits to a domestic destination Reference Letter from Indonesian Government Representatives 7 Repatriation of Indonesian Students abroad Reference Letter from University or School 8 Repatriation of Foreign Citizens The final destination is required to be the same as passport domicile, other requirements should refer to the state destination provision of the authorities which are provided on the IATA Travel Center here.
Exemption policy of foreigners that are allowed to enter Indonesian territory refers to the Regulation of Minister of Law and Human Rights No.11 of 2020, click the Travel Restrictions to Indonesia button below for detailed information.
- Travel Statement Letter in Accordance with Control COVID-19 in Indonesia
Each passenger that meets the requirement of any category on point 1 above, must download and fill out the Travel Declaration form which is available to download here
- Health Certificate Covid-19 Free Statement Letter
Indonesian Citizens (WNI) Foreign Citizens (WNA) DOMESTIC FLIGHT TO OR FROM LARGE- SCALE SOCIAL RESTRICTIONS (PSBB) REGION / RED ZONERequired to provide a Health Certificate with non-reactive/negative COVID-19 result from a Rapid Test or PCR Test in Bahasa Indonesia or English with a maximum of 7 days validity from the health facility issuance.
- The Health Certificate with non-reactive/negative COVID-19 result from Rapid Test or PCR test will be validated by the Port Health Office at the departure airport
It is highly recommended to bring Health Certificate which states non-reactive/negative COVID-19 results from a PCR Test. Health Certificate has to be in English and valid for a maximum of 7 days from the health facility issuance.
- Health Certificate which states non-reactive/negative COVID-19 results from a PCR Test will be validated by the local Port Health Office at the Arrival airport
- If the passenger only carries Health Certificate with Rapid Test Methods / only carries Health Certificate without any relation with COVID-19 / does not carry any health certificate, the Indonesian Citizen passenger will still be acceptable to check-in, however, a Rapid Test will be conducted at the arrival airport
- Indonesian Citizen with positive rapid test result at the arrival airport will then be referred to the COVID-19 hospital
- Indonesian Citizen with negative rapid test result at the arrival airport will be taken to quarantine for PCR test and required to stay quarantined until the results of the PCR test is issued
- If the PCR test result is positive, a referral to COVID-19 hospital will be done
- If the PCR test result is negative, permissions to go home or to continue the journey is given.
Required to provide Health Certificate with non-reactive/negative COVID-19 result of PCR Test in English with a maximum of 7 days validity from the health facility issuance.
- Health Certificate with non-reactive/negative COVID-19 of PCR Test will be validated by the Port Health Office at the arrival airport.
- If the passenger only carries Health Certificate from a Rapid Test / Health Certificate without any relation with COVID-19 / do not bring any Health Certificate, then passengers shall not check-in to continue the journey.
DOMESTIC/ INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT TO DENPASAR-BALI
*Effective on May 28, 2020Passengers (Indonesian & Foreign Citizens) are required to provide Health Certificate with non-reactive/negative COVID-19 result of a PCR Test in English issued by a Government or Local Government Hospital Laboratory/other Laboratories referred by Gugus Tugas Percepatan Penanganan COVID-19 (Covid-19 Handling Acceleration Force) with a maximum of 7 days validity from the health facility issuance upon arrival at the I Gusti Ngurah Rai (DPS) airport.
- Transit passengers are required to provide a non-reactive Rapid Test result and not required to present a negative PCR test result
- Indonesian National Army (TNI), Indonesian National Police (Polri), and State Civil Servant (ASN) is highly suggested to bring a negative COVID-19 result of a PCR Test. If a PCR test result cannot be provided, a negative Rapid Test result is acceptable as long as it is supported by an urgent endorsement letter.
- Passengers are also required to fill an application form in advance which can be accessed at https://cekdiri.baliprov.go.id to obtain a QRCode. The QRCode serves as verification and will be verified upon arrival at I Gusti Ngurah Rai (DPS) airport.
- Identity Card (KTP or other valid personal identification)
Passengers must prepare a copy of each document requirements (1, 2, & 3) and show the original copy upon check-in (copy of the documents will be collected by check-in staff). Garuda Indonesia is not responsible for any mistake or lack of the required documents and has the right to cancel any passenger’s flight who doesn’t meet the requirements.
Ensure Government Policy In The Destination Country Before Traveling
Before traveling, especially to areas affected by the spread of Covid-19, make sure you have understood the traveling rules and policies of each Government as well as knowing the contact point for emergencies relating to the Covid-19 case for further guidance or handling.
For further information about the travel document requirement, you may visit IATA Travel Center here.
To support the Indonesian Government effort in preventing the spread, Garuda Indonesia passengers are required to fill Health Card Alert with a flight arriving in Indonesia and domestic flights within Indonesia. For more convenience, now also available E-HAC (Electronic Health Alert Card) app for Android smartphone users that can be downloaded here. For those who don’t have the E-HAC app, Health Alert Card will be given on-board before landing.
Policy for Passengers to Wear Masks Onboard & in Airport Area
To ensure the safety and comfort of passengers and cabin crews during the flight, also to align with the implementation of healthy and clean behavior policy amid COVID-19 pandemic, Garuda Indonesia urges passengers to put on a reusable non-medical mask at the airport and during flight.
Garuda Indonesia also urges passengers to prepare their own masks as well as own personal hygiene kits according to their individual needs before the flight.