Garuda Sentra Medika provides healthcare service for Garuda’s employees and their families along with general patients. It also strives to maintain the health of flight personnel, medevac, medical escort, travel clinic, etc.
History of Garuda Sentra Medika
At the beginning of its establishment, Garuda Sentra Medika was a polyclinic built alongside of Garuda Indonesia Airways in 1949. They were built to comply to international law that requires commercial flight airlines to have their own healthcare facilities for their employees to keep and maintain the health of cabin crew. Beginning from 1998, its management status was changed to a Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and renamed to Garuda Sentra Medika (GSM), that first and foremost implements health facilities (benefit) and services for Garuda’s employees and their families along with a third party in need. GSM also manages special aviation medicine as one of its supporting service for airlines such as; healthcare for flight personnel, medevac, medical escort, and travel clinic. Since 2017, GSM is under the management of Human Capital Management, but still functions as a unit that provides healthcare service for Garuda’s employees and their families and other general patients that maintains the health of flight personnel, medevac, medical escort, and travel clinic.
- To become an acclaimed and first-rate healthcare service provider for Indonesia’s aviation society
- To build an image as a professional healthcare service provider
- To provide an added value for customers
- To improve business income, increase profit margin and to continually develop and expand
- To improve the welfare, competence and professionalism of employees