For safety and security reasons, these items listed below, shall not be carried in passenger's carry-on and checked baggage.
- Corrosive material: Mercury (may be contained in thermometers); acids, alkalis and vehicle batteries;
- Explosives: Grenades of all types, blasting caps; detonator, fuse, explosives device;
- Compressed gases (flammable, non-flammable, or poisonous): Propane, butane;
- Flammable liquids: Gasoline, paints, thinner and adhesives, lighter fluid, methanol;
- Flammable solid: firelighters, fireworks, flares;
- Oxidizers: bleaching powder, peroxides;
- Radioactive materials
- Chemical and toxic substance: fire extinguishers, arsenic, intecticide, etc;
- Security type of briefcase that installed alarm device or incorporate lithium batteries and/or pyrotechnic material.
- Small lithium battery-powered vehicles are strictly prohibited to be carried by passenger into the aircraft, either as Carry-On Baggage or Checked Baggage for all Garuda Indonesia flights. Examples: airwheel, solowheel, hoverboard, mini-segway, balance wheel, etc.
- Stunning Device: stun guns, tasers, stub batons including animal stunner.
- Self defense spray: Tear gas and acid spray are prohibited.
NOTE: Pepper spray equipped with a safety mechanism is allowed on checked baggage.
These following items may be carried by passenger only in their checked baggage:
- Pointed/edged weapons and sharp object: Axes; hatches; arrows and darts; crampons; Ice axes and ice picks; any kind of knives (lockable or flick knives, pocket knives and scalpels); meat cleavers; machetes; swords; kris; open razor; scissors; throwing stars; trademan’s tool (drills, box cutter, all saws, hammer, screwdriver) and any other items which has pointed/edged shape.
- If you bring any of the above mentioned objects, please report to our staff at the airport Check-in Counter.
- Any sharp objects in checked baggage should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to our baggage handlers
- Blunt instruments: sporting equipments (baseball and softball bats, billiard, snooker and pool cues, cricket bats, golf clubs, hockey and lacrosse sticks, any kind of rackets: tennis, badminton and squash racket); clubs or batons; fishing rods; kayak and canoe paddles; monopod selfie; martial art equipments (knuckleduster, clubs, coshes, rice flails, num chucks, kubatons); any other item that have similiar functions to that above items.
- Other weapons: pellet guns; animal humane killer (without bullet); crossbow; harpoon and spear gun; spray pepper; replica or immitation weapons; airsoft gun (without any gasses attached); catapults; and any weapon toys of all types.
Carriage of Firearms and its ammunition
This category include: shotgun, handgun, any pistols, revolver, signal flares pistols, handgun of any types. Permission and procedures of carriage of firearms and its ammunition follow local regulation.
NOTE: Passengers shall declared to our check-in counter staff and enclosed with a proper documents. The firearms also must be unloaded and properly packed with locked hard-sided container.
Carriage of Electronic Cigarettes
Passenger only allowed to carry e-cigarettes in their carry-on baggage however using its e-cigarettes in the cabin of aircraft is prohibited.
Carriage of Lighters and Matches
Except travelling that origin from China, passengers are able to carry safety matches and cigarette lighters for personal use on one’s person and it is prohibited to carry its lighter and matches in carry-on and checked baggage.
International flight passengers who wish to bring antiques please report to the airline before the departure date.