Traveling Procedures For Expectant Mothers
In general, expectant mothers are allowed for traveling with Garuda Indonesia according to condition and duration of each pregnancy.
Expectant mother condition of acceptance are as follows:
|CATEGORY||DURATION OF PREGNANCY||RESTRICTION||REQUIREMENTS|
|MEDICAL INFORMATION FORM (MEDIF)||FORM OF IDEMNITY
|APPROVAL FROM GARUDA SENTRA MEDIKA (GSM)|
|SINGLE OR MULTIPLE PREGNANCY, NORMAL HEALTH, NO COMPLICATION *)||UNDER 32 WEEKS||NO||NO||YES||NOT REQUIRED|
|PREGNANCY WITH COMPLICATION||UNDER 32 WEEKS||YES||YES **)||YES||REQUIRED|
|SINGLE, PREGNANCY, MULTIPLE NORMAL HEALTH, WITH OR WITHOUT COMPLICATION||32 - 36 WEEKS||YES||YES **)||YES **)||REQUIRED|
|ALL CATEGORIES||MORE THAN 36 WEEKS||NOT ACCEPTED FOR AIR TRAVEL|
*) If an expectant mother appeared to be unhealthy during check-in, MEDIF and approval from Garuda Sentra Medika (GSM) will be required.
**) Must be obtained and approved by Garuda Sentra Medika (GSM) at least 7 days prior to date of travel.
FORM OF IDEMNITY (FOI)/STATEMENT LETTER
Form of Indemnity (FOI) is available at airport when check-in
MEDICAL INFORMATION FORM (MEDIF)
MEDIF is a Garuda Indonesia’s property intended to provide confidential information to enable the airlines medical department to assess the fitness of the passenger for travel.
- MEDIF could be downloaded on this link or by contacting Garuda Sentra Medika (GSM) The form consists of:
- Part 1: for basic information and requirements to be completed by Sales Office/Agent
- Part 2 & Medical Certificate: for confidential medical information to be completed by attending physician
- MEDIF is a one whole document that consists of MEDIF Part 1, Part 2 and Medical Certificate.
- All passengers’ medical information mentioned in MEDIF should be fulfilled by the doctor in charge of the patient (could be personal doctor or doctor in the hometown)
- Send MEDIF form to Garuda Sentra Medika for final flight allowance and approval.
GARUDA SENTRA MEDIKA (GSM)
Garuda Sentra Medika (GSM) is the official Garuda Indonesia medical clinic
Ph. Number: +62 21 – 424 1000 ext. 6136 (Working hour)
Fax: +62 21 – 424 5809 (Working hour)
Ph. Number: +62 21 – 2560 1565 (Outside of working hour, holidays & weekends)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org